Applying digital technologies to increase the efficiency of online business for women with disability in the Red River Delta region of Vietnam
1. Project number: CFLI-2021-HANOI-VN-0008
2. Descriptive project name: Applying digital technologies to increase the efficiency of online business for women with disability in the Red River Delta region of Vietnam
3. Recipient organization: Thai Nguyen University of Information and Communication Technology (ICTU)
4. Project location: Thai Nguyen province, Viet Nam
5. Funded budget: $21.970 [CAD] funded by The Embassy of Canada to Vietnam
6. Implementation duration: August, 2021 – May, 2022
7. Project objectives: The project aims to help women with disabilities overcome the difficulties they face in business, especially during the Covid-19 pandemic, strengthen the ability to apply digital technologies in online business to improve sales efficiency, improve their livelihoods.
8. Project activities:
The following project activities were successfully implemented during the project period:
- Organized two (02) online training courses on using learning tools and skills in applying digital technologies in online business for 50 women with disabilities in the Red River Delta, including the provinces and cities of Hanoi and Ha Nam, Nam Dinh, Hai Duong, Thai Binh, and Ninh Binh. The training were conducted from 8-14 September 2021. The content included: (i) An overview of e-commerce; (ii) Building a digital marketing plan; (iii) Legal issues in e-commerce; (iv) Building and creating content for effective sales fan-page; (v) Exploiting business with Google Ads; (vi) Building communication videos on tiktok; and (vii) Running business on e-commerce websites
- Developed fan-page “Women with disabilities confidently to be owners”; Formed 06 zalo groups to exchange learning information and connected business among class members (01 shared group for all participants, 05 small groups divided by areas); Formed 03 sales interaction groups (Thai Binh group, Hai Duong group, Ha Nam group, Nam Dinh group); Guided students to create a sales fan-page (Thai Binh group 02, Ha Nam group 02).
- Built 01 facebook group connecting 86 participants, including students of the training courses and members from other localities.
- Conducted 250 consultation hours for 50 women with disabilities, in which, counseling in small groups: 39 sessions * 4 periods/session = 154 hours; Personal consultation: 96 hours. The Organizing Committee divided 50 students into 05 groups: Group 1: Nam Dinh, Group 2: Ha Nam, Group 3: Hanoi, Group 4: Thai Binh, Group 5: Hai Duong and Ninh Binh. The teaching staff includes 06 lecturers and experts who have appropriate training experience, knowledge and capacity.
- Created a folder of shared learning materials for women with disabilities to obtain study materials when necessary.
- Organized 01 online photo contest attracting 22 entries. The contest was organized from September 15 to October 31, 2021. As a result, the Organizing Committee had awarded 01 first prize, 01 second prize, 02 third prizes, 05 consolation prizes with certificates of winning. The contest received 8,816 likes, 14,691 comments, 10.412 shares.
- Connected with e-commerce floors and supported 05 women with disabilities to open business stores on Shopee.vn.
- Organized 01 virtual forum “Women with disabilities – Pathway to online business” on December 8, 2021 to share experiences and online business skills. The forum had the participation of 100% (50/50) students and some women with disabilities from other localities, representatives of leaders of the Departments of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs of Thai Binh province, the Social Protection Department of Nam Dinh province, and leaders of the Associations of People with Disabilities of Ha Nam, Hanoi, Hai Duong, Ninh Binh, leaders of University of Information and Communication Technology and The Central and local press agencies The forum was successfully organized.
– International partners: No
– Local partners: During the project implementation, the following local partners have been involved in the project: Associations of People with disabilities of Ha Nam, Ha Noi, Thai Binh, Hai Duong and Ninh Binh.
Total # of direct beneficiaries: 116
# of women (18 yrs. +) who directly benefitted from project activities: 101
# of men (18 yrs. +) who directly benefitted from project activities: 15
Total # of beneficiaries who benefitted from advocacy activities (OPTIONAL): 1,200