I. Functions and duties
- Planning for scientific research and technology transfer under different stages (long- term, medium-term and short-term stages).
- Managing and monitoring sources of funds for scientific and technological activities.
- Organizing for lecturers and students to register scientific research topics at various levels and establishing appraisal councils selecting papers to ensure compliance with standards. Guiding to deployment planning research topics approved checking, monitoring implementation progress and monitoring the use of equipments, supplies and budget to facilitate conditions for them to complete timely.
- Organizing assessment of acceptance and certification of the payment and settlement in accordance with the regulations. Certifying results for the chairpersons of papers. Managing archives of products and proposing plans of the transfer of technology for feasible studies.
- Advising ICTU’s leaders to organize conferences and scientific workshops. Advising to units of ICTU, the Youth Union and the Student Association to organize workshops, scientific conferences, seminars and activities of science and technology.
- Coordinating with relevant units to develop a plan of cooperation of scientific research domestic and international institutions; Advising to the investment and construction material foundations to serve scientific research and training; participating in planning the contingent of teaching cadres and scientific staff.
- Developing research collaborated projects on deploying and applying information technology and communications with domestic and international institutions.
- Managing archives the scientific published papers of lecturers and students in the entire ICTU.
- Archiving the research topics of graduate and postgraduate training
- Organizing periodically preliminary reviews and summations on the work of science and technology reported as requirements of Thai Nguyen University.
- Implementing the quality accreditation task on science and technology (Standard 7).
2. International cooperation field
- Advising and proposing undertakings and contents in the IR strategy and developing plans for the short-tem and long-term cooperation for international collaborated activities in accordance with scale, potential and conditions of ICTU.
- Organizing deployment and monitoring implementation of international cooperation programs.
- Finding out international organizations and scientific training institutions in the world to advise ICTU’s leaders implementing effectively cooperation programs. Being component to help the Rector in contacting negotiations, signing documents of working and collaboration with partners in the areas concerned by both parties.
- Finding out international organizations and scientific training institutions in the world to advise.
- Coordinating with the Department of International Relations of Thai Nguyen University and other relevant agencies in international collaborative work.
- Developing plans and taking necessary procedures for export and import delegations quarterly and annually. Elaborating in coordination with the General Department to prepare facilities for receive and work with the international delegations.
- Guiding and checking the units in ICTU on foreign operations, the work of setting up and deployment of international relations and implementing international cooperation projects.
- Assisting the organization of the school conferences, international workshop at ICTU.
- Organizing periodically preliminary reviews and summations on the work of the international collaboration to report Thai Nguyen University.
- Implementing the quality accreditation task on the international collaboration (Standard 8).